Thursday, September 22, 2011

To Portugal?

Not too much to report at the moment, actually. Just letting people know I'm alive and busy keeping up with homework and drinking tinto de verano and writing in parks.

Leaving in approximately 7 hours for a weekend trip to Extremadura (a region of Western Spain) and Portugal (but only a little bit just over the border, and only for a few hours). We're staying in a town called Caseres. Apparently in a 4 star hotel, because this is NYU and that is what they use our tuition money for. Check it out HERE. We're going to see Roman ruins and some museums. I don't know much more than that because no one talks about this trip, they all talk about the other one. Half of our group is going to Córdoba and Granada. My Lorca teacher spent a good 15 minutes today telling us about all the great things about Granada. So good thing I'm not going there. (I'm un poquito bitter about it, but it's a long story and not an important one.)

Anyway, It's about 1 am and I need to be up at 6:30, so I suppose I should go to sleep. Next update will be post-Portugal, the fourth country I will have visited in my life. ¡Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment