Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Radio Free Europe (back again!)

So as most of you probably know, I'm back in Europe again already, lucky girl that I am. This trip comes on the heels of graduation from NYU Tisch (with honors), accompanied by visits from
My parents, brother, and grandparents, all in the city at the same time. We had a whirlwind four days of celebrations, eating in nice restaurants, and not sleeping enough, not to mention packing up and moving out of my last dorm ever, thank goodness.

Very quick recap for those who don't know: NYU graduation was Wednesday at Yankee Stadium. 5,000+ graduates, a packed stadium, Supreme Court justice Sonia Sotomayor spoke, absolute madness getting out. We block traffic, as usual. Tisch graduation was Friday at Radio City Music Hall, a building I'd never actually entered before and with which I fell in love. Our dean, Mary Schmidt Campbell, and our honorary speakers Michael Mayer (director of American Idiot and consulting producer on Smash) both gave great speeches.

I worked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night at Fuerza Bruta (remember when I saw it in Madrid in October? Always good to be home.) and spent parts of Saturday and Sunday in New Jersey visiting family. Sunday afternoon my mom and I saw Potted Potter with my aunt and cousins (ages 12 and 9) and had a great time.

Monday morning, bright and early, Mom and I headed for JFK and boarded a flight to London, from which I write now! After we got off the plane (an uneventful trip in which I watched 21 Jump Street, The Iron Lady, and parts of Jeff Who Lives at Home) we got through passport control, got our bags, and headed to the underground. Two trains later, I navigated us from the tube stop to my friend Kerry's apartment (my friend that I stayed with last time I was in London) without any trouble, and we are now happily staying with her for the next few days.

Today we went to the Tate Modern and saw a play at the Young Vic, and tomorrow we go to the HARRY POTTER STUDIO TOUR!!!

Updates on all that later. It's been a busy week.

So happy to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment